The B&B P.B.S. – Purge Bag System is the most common inflatable purge bag method in use. This simple and proven design requires little training and immediate results are achieved. For smaller pipe diameters, purge times are usually within 2-10 minutes all while achieving shiny oxidization free welds. It is not uncommon to pay for the purge bag in as little as 3 or 4 uses in time savings alone. Sizes range from 2″ – 24″.
- B&B’s Inflatable Pipe Purging Bag Systems dramatically reduces purging times leading to significant savings in labor costs.
- Typical purge times for 4” pipe = 1 ½ min.; 8” pipe = 4 min.; 12” pipe = 8 min.
- Ready to use, connects to a dedicated and regulated gas supply. Choose any flow rate up to .71 CFM (42.36 CFH) or 20 LPM through the pre-set purge valve.
- Gas pressure control ensures an even positive root bead with no notching
- Quick and easy to install simplifying the process of inert gas purging.
- Heat resistant up to 158º F / 70º C continuously.
- Use less inert gas. The volume of purge gas used is less than 2% of that required for a conventional purge.