The B&B Pronto Purge was developed for increased efficiency of large diameter pipe. We recommend the Pronto system in pipe over 8″, though major time and gas savings occur the bigger the pipe gets. The “thru-bore” umbilical section displaces even more oxygen than other inflatable systems. Additional features like a glow in the dark center line that helps alignment, sewn in pull handles for bag extraction and a double hose (first hose inflates, second hose increases Argon flow rate, lowering purging times).
- The unique “thru-bore” design of the central sleeve minimizes the area to be purged, dramatically reducing the volume of gas required.
- Friction free coatings allow easy movement through pipes from one joint to another, even around bends and elbows.
- Ready to use, connects to a dedicated and regulated gas supply. Choose any flow rate up to .71 CFM (42.36 CFH) or 20 LPM through the twin preset purge valve.
- A central (glow in the dark) strip allows fast and accurate alignment of the system to the center point of the weld area.
- The inflatable dams and umbilical hose are covered with a heat resistant material and insulated accordingly for use at temperatures up to 482° F / 250° C.
High temperature systems (572º F) are available upon request.