Pronto Purge System
The B&B Pronto purge is used for stainless, duplex, chrome, titanium, nickel and other alloy materials, B&B’s Pronto Purge™ systems enable high speed welding of larger diameter pipe joints that have to be purged, and are designed to enable the user to produce high quality, reliable and repeatable welding of stainless steel tube and pipe joints. They also ensure a very fast weld purge time and a very high quality weld root, free from oxidation and discoloration. A 36” diameter pipe will purge to below 0.1% oxygen in less than 10 minutes and all smaller pipes correspondingly faster. Dramatic savings of time, gas and money can be made by using these systems. Due to the quality of the materials used, the Pronto Purge™ systems can be used over and over again further reducing manufacturing costs. As with all of B&B's inflatable purging systems, the Pronto Purge™ come with preset valves, so they are ready to use ‘straight out of the box’. The B&B Pronto Purge™ has been developed specifically to enable high speed purging for any pipe welding application.
How it Works: Create a seal, fill the chamber with inert gas, monitor oxygen content, weld.
From 8 - 80 Inch Diameters
Features & Advantages
- Typical purge times of less than 10 minutes!!!
- The unique “thru-bore” design of the central sleeve minimizes the area to be purged, dramatically reducing the volume of gas required.
- Friction free coatings allow easy movement through pipes from one joint to another, even around bends and elbows.
- Ready to use, connects to a dedicated and regulated gas supply. Choose any flow rate up to 80l/min. through the twin preset purge valve.
- A central (glow in the dark) strip allows fast and accurate alignment of the system to the center point of the weld area.
- The inflatable dams and umbilical hose are covered with a heat resistant material and insulated accordingly for use at temperatures up to 482ºf/250ºc. Hi temp version also available. (See below left)
Heat resistant purge bags also available
532F for up to 24 hours & 932F for short periods.
The Pronto Purge™ Inflatable Pipe Purging Systems for pipe and vessel purging comprises a tandem inflatable dam system connected by an umbilical hose and collar to reduce the volume being purged. A gas exhaust valve is installed between the primary and secondary dam, along with an auxiliary argon purge line. Each Pronto Purge™ System is covered with heat protective material, so that the higher temperatures closer to the weld do not damage the system. The robust design of the Pronto Purge™ Inflatable Pipe Weld Purging Systems allows for many years of repeatable trouble free use. Standard sizes 8 to 80” with special sizes available upon request.
Part Numbers & Description
Contact Us for Part Numbers and Specifications on B&B Hi Temp Heat Resistant Options.